Please, before you ask ...
We love to hear from the public and are happy to help in whatever way we can. Often times, however, our small staff is inundated with patients and issues that may take priority over your request. For that reason, you may wish to consider the following before completing and submitting the contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can you update me on the status of a patient?
- What should I do if i find a baby bird?
- Click here for information on how to help a baby bird.
- I found an injured raptor. What should I do?
- Click here for information on what to do with an injured bird.
- How can I get more information about your tours, classroom visits, or other educational opportunities?
- If you're interested in any of our education programs, click here.
- How can I help REGI continue their great work?
- Thanks for the compliment. Click this link for ways you can help.
- I love birds and nature. What can I do to "give back" ?
- We are SO with you there. This link might interest you.
- I still have a question, now what?
- Our "Search" feature is awesome. We have TONS of great information on our site just waiting to be searched.
Yeah, but ...
If you've made it this far we predict you're about to send us fan mail (which we love by the way) or you still have a burning question that we'd be happy to help you with. Simply complete the short form below and someone will be in touch just as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and your support.
Do not use the form below to contact us about an injured bird. Email is not checked constantly. If you have an injured bird, please call our clinic at 715-623-4015. Even if you leave a message we will be able to respond to you and the bird you've found more quickly than by email. Thank you!