We admitted a critically ill adult female Bald Eagle last night. Blood tests revealed she is suffering from severe lead poisoning. We started treatments immediately in hopes we can save her. Our thanks to the Menominee Tribal Wardens and folks that found her for capturing and transporting her to REGI for care. We hope you will see her back home again by spring.
Last week we admitted another adult Bald eagle. This one from Crandon also had lead poisoning but was also hit by a car. He is doing well at this time. Often birds suffering from a toxin that affects the brain and nervous system are exposed to other dangers before they come into care.